Sunday, February 14, 2010

Went to the park today

Alfred dragged me out of the mansion to go down to Grand park this afternoon, I get sick of the long drive down.

I went though and it was alright.

Sitting there on the bench while Alfred read the paper wasn't really my idea of fun, but I guess now and then it's nice to not be in the mansion.

It's big walls can be very lonely to look at. So many shadows and dark corners, that hold so many memories. I don't even think I've even seen all the rooms yet, one day I should definitely go exploring.

I left Alfred to read his paper while I walked around a bit, looking at the people getting along with their own business. Laughing and playing, chatting away in the midst of laughter and smiles.

It was nice...

With most of Gotham being so damn depressing, this park is actually nice to have. It's trees and leaves giving way to a city sky line that goes dark against the setting sun. For a moment it all looks very nice.

Random pic of the park I found
But none of it is real...

Because once that sun sets, that's when Gotham wakes up... and the sleeping monster that it is during day, shows it true intent. I don't know why I keep seeing things this way, but every time I leave the house, all I want to do is go back home. At least there I can pretend that this damn city doesn't exist.

Which is hard enough because every window you look out of at home, shows you some stinking cranny of the city.

...

I walked past Alfred and asked him to get the car ready, not wanting to look him in the eyes. He quickly folded his paper and ran past me to get my door. He doesn't have to do that, but I know it makes him happy to do so.

The drive back home seemed a lot shorter. After I showered, Alfred asked if I wanted to do my homework in the viewing room, so as to watch some television. Normally he insists that I use father's study, but I guess he knows not to push it tonight.

I told him I didn't feel like watching anything tonight, after this I'll probably just read something and go to bed. But I'll probably just lie here staring at the city lights, bleeding into the night sky...

Mum and Dad loved the city... I wonder if I'll ever grow to love it the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment